Saturday 29 July 2017

Harrowing tales of sexual harassment from the front lines of the tech industry

Atlanta Daniel was dumbstruck. The Australian entrepreneur was pitching to a prospective backer for her business when the conversation took a distinctly unpleasant turn.

“[The] investor told me I owed him a blow job for his help,” says Daniel. 

The same investor told her “I’ll know your age when I see you naked” and “I have a job for you under the table”.

Daniel says she tried to brush off the remarks, not knowing how to handle it.

READ MORE:
* Silicon Valley sexual harassment scandal spreads

* ‘Bro culture:’ Uber employees fired as part of sexual harassment scandal
* Actress Zoe Kazan says ‘so much sexual harassment’ on Hollywood film sets

“At the time I really thought I had no avenue to deal with that behaviour,” she told Fairfax Media. “He had quite a lot of power. For me in the end I chose avoidance, which wasn’t necessarily the best thing for me.”

It was not a one-off in the industry; another investor asked her if orgasms were her hobby.

from Eve’s Feed http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/world/95242161/Harrowing-tales-of-sexual-harassment-from-the-front-lines-of-the-tech-industry




from
https://evewilki1971.wordpress.com/2017/07/29/harrowing-tales-of-sexual-harassment-from-the-front-lines-of-the-tech-industry/

No comments:

Post a Comment